In follow up to the President’s message of March 1st, this email is to provide you with an update on the College’s implementation of Bill 148 Equal Pay for Equal Work legislation for contract faculty, which comes into effect on April 1, 2018.
- Effective April 1st, part-time and sessional faculty who teach in one or more of the following programs will be paid the applicable partial load rate of pay for their teaching assignment* for these programs:
- All post-secondary programs, including Dual Credit, delivered through the following schools:
- School of Business
- School of General Arts & Science
- School of Health and Wellness
- School of Justice & Community Development
- Haliburton School of Art + Design
- School of Environmental & Natural Resource Sciences
- School of Trades & Technology
- Academic Upgrading
- English Language Bridge
*Note: Exceptions to the partial load rate of pay include the following non-teaching academic assignments: curriculum development, course audit, meetings, Week 8. See the Non-Full-Time Academic Rate Grid for the corresponding rates of pay for these assignments.
Part-time and sessional faculty who teach in these programs and who have a contract which extends beyond April 1st will receive further communication prior to the end of the week.
- Part-time and sessional faculty who teach in the following non-post-secondary programs will continue to receive their same rate of pay (i.e. no adjustments) for their teaching assignments in these programs after April 1st:
- Haliburton School of Arts + Design Summer School Courses
- Language Instruction for Newcomers (LINC)
- The College is reviewing the applicability of Equal Pay for Equal Work legislation for faculty who teach for Flexible Delivery (which includes Continuing Education) & Contract Training and will provide further communication within the next three weeks.
More information about Bill 148 can be found here.
Should you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.