The Senior Management Team knows that this is a difficult time for everyone, and wanted to share a few of our favourite tips to keep in mind as we practice self-care.
- Our personal physical, mental, and emotional health is far more important then anything else.
- We are not “working from home”, we are “at our homes, working during a crisis” and recognize that our success is measured differently in these circumstances. Maintain open communications with your manager and colleagues re workload expectations.
- We strive to maintain a normal work schedule and boundaries between home and office time; this includes taking vacation time to rest and recharge.
- We will remember that everyone copes differently and will practice kindness and compassion towards ourselves and others.
- We will get through this together as a community. Reaching out to each other is of utmost importance. To support our students, we must also support each other with ongoing connection and compassion.
Wellness is about integrating a balance in all aspects of your life – emotional, physical, social, spiritual, intellectual, and professional – so that you can grow both as an individual and as a member of the community. The following resources may be helpful during this difficult time.
- Emotional Wellness
- Physical Wellness
- Social and Spiritual Wellness
- Professional and Intellectual Wellness
For those employees that are eligible for benefits, please see additional resources on the Human Resources website.
Morneau Sheppel offers many resources including:
- Facebook Live sessions every Wednesday, where experts provide advice on mental, physical, social and financial well-being Join in!
- Complimentary Webinars – Check out their library of recorded webinars related to COVID-19 Watch now