Lynda.com is now LinkedIn Learning!
LinkedIn Learning is an online subscription library that offers training in the latest software, creative and business skills through high-quality instructional videos.
As of August 20, 2019 LinkedIn Learning is replacing Lynda.com.
Existing Lynda.com users automatically become LinkedIn Learning users. All of the Lynda.com video content is being maintained, including all playlists which you may have curated as an individual Lynda.com user.
New staff and students who have never used this service before will also have full access to LinkedIn Learning with their Fleming College email account user name and password.
Benefits to LinkedIn Learning include:
- Unlimited access to video learning on a wide variety of technologies and disciplines (while still at Fleming College);
- Exciting new content added every week;
- Tutorials are taught by recognized industry experts;
- Faculty may wish to use LinkedIn Learning as a classroom resource;
- Access to instructors’ exercise files to follow along as you learn;
- Closed captioning and searchable, time-coded transcripts;
- Beginner to advanced level videos;
- The option to watch complete video or bite-sized clips as you need them;
- Technical support from LinkedIn Learning directly by e-mail or toll-free phone
NOTE: Although courses are not accredited and not intended to replace classroom curriculum, LinkedIn Learning may be used as an additional resource to assist with personal, professional or student learning. We encourage you to check out all the available content on LinkedIn Learning today!
You can create your account and enjoy LinkedIn Learning anytime, anywhere that you have access the internet.
Instruction to Access LinkedIn Learning library:
NOTE: Before attempting to access your LinkedIn Learning through the college, you must create your own LinkedIn account – This is crucial to link the college access to your account.
- Go to https://www/linkedin.com/learning
- Click the ‘Sign in’ button (top right of the page)
- Enter your Fleming College Email address (Ex: firstname.lastname@example.org) and continue
- On the next screen, when providing your password, use your “Linkedin” password you made when creating your profile (not your Fleming password)
- On the next screen, click “Continue to Fleming College”
- Enter your “Fleming” network username and password (the same ones you use to login to computers on campus)
After you have followed the above instructions once, future logins will only require your Fleming username and password
If you have questions of a technical nature, please contact the ITS Service Desk ITSupport@flemingcollege.ca.