What is lynda.com?: Available to all staff and students, lynda.com is an online subscription library that offers training in the latest software, creative and business skills through high-quality instructional videos. You can learn more about it by watching this video called How to use lynda.com.
Benefits to lynda.com include:
- Unlimited access to video learning on a wide variety of technologies and disciplines;
- New content added every week;
- Faculty can use for either their own PD or as a classroom resource;
- Tutorials taught by recognized industry experts;
- Access to instructors’ exercise files to follow along as you learn;
- Closed captioning and searchable, time-coded transcripts;
- Beginner to advanced level videos;
- The option to watch complete video or bite-sized clips as you need them;
- Technical support from lynda.com directly by e-mail or toll-free phone.
What lynda.com isn’t: Courses are not accredited and are not intended to replace classroom curriculum. lynda.com can be offered as an additional resource to assist with personal, professional or student learning.
To access the lynda.com learning library:
- go to lynda.com.
- click on Sign In
- In the next screen choose the option at the bottom “Sign in with your organization portal”.
- In the next screen enter the url flemingcollege.ca and click continue
- Enter your Fleming network username and password (the same ones you use to login to computers on campus)
After you have followed the above instructions once, future logins will only require using your Fleming username and password.
Your account can be created and accessed from anywhere that you can access the internet.
Please contact Sehrish Butt (ext. 1349, Sehrish.email@example.com) if you need login assistance.