Download and Installation
- Go to https://myapps.flemingcollege.ca/ & login with your Fleming username & password.
- First run: If it’s the first time using MyApps from a specific computer, you will be prompted to download & install the MyApps client software onto your local PC. If you’ve already completed this, skip to the next step.
3. Browse or search the list apps available in MyApps. Click [ Launch ] to run the desire application
As an example, here is a video showing the entire process for the first-time launch of an app within MyApps.
Steps outlined in the video to use MyApps@FlemingCollege on MacOS:
- Goto https://myapps.flemingcollege.ca/ and login with your MyCampus credentials.
- You’ll be asked if this is the first time logging in on this device?… If it is, you’ll need to install the AppsAnywhere client.
- Run the downloaded installer and follow the on-screen directions. You may have to enter the Mac’s password a couple times to authorize the installer.
- With the installer completed, refresh MyApps.FlemingCollege.ca (you may need to restart your browser) and it will ask permission to open the AppsAnywhere application to validate the app is installed and working. The website will now filter down the list of applications available to the platform being used.
- While some apps might not be Mac compatible for example, the benefit with AppsAnywhere and the VMWare Horizon Client, is that we can actually run a mini version of Windows to allow us to run some of these applications. Notice the “Horizon” button vs “Visit Website” etc. under each app icon. VMWare Horizon Client will appear and is used as the underlying foundation to access Windows software on the Mac platform in these examples.
- Click Continue when asked about Remote USB and Printing Services.
- VMWare Horizon Client may ask for permission to make a couple system changes, requiring the Mac’s password.
- Also, System Extensions might be blocked depending on your security settings. To resolve this, open System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy tab you’ll find Accessibility in the list along the left. VMWare Horizon Client will need to be checked on.
- Returning back to VMWare Horizon Client, it will now requesting your MyCampus password to login.
- If asked to share Home folder and removable storage using VMWare Horizons remote desktops and applications choose Allow (to be able to save files to/from your Mac)
- A Cloudpaging Player will show the applications installed and their Ready status from the MyApps website. Click Launch to run the application.
- To save files from within one of these applications, you can go to File > Save As… Just be aware you’ll need to find the network drive Z:\ where you’ll find your Mac’s folders.
Technical Support provided by Fleming College ITS:
Phone: 1-866-353-6464 x4111 Option #1