Welcome to the Spring 2018 Course Design Cohort!
We’re scheduled on Mondays from 10am-12pm in B3330 at Sutherland. Our first session is on Monday, May 7 and our last session Is Monday, June 18. We do not have a session on Monday, May 21. That gives us six sessions together. Below is a table with the schedule.
|Week 1||Monday May 7||Sutherland B3330|
|Week 2||Monday May 14||Sutherland B3330|
|Week 3||Victoria Day – no session|
|Week 4||Monday May 28||Sutherland B3330|
|Week 5||Monday June 4||Sutherland B3330|
|Week 6||Monday June 11||Sutherland B3330|
|Week 7||Monday June 18||Sutherland B3330|
The setup of the programming will be customized to your course redesign and professional learning goals. In the first week, we’ll explore your goals and share a course design framework to guide your course redesign process. We’ll also create a flexible game plan for the rest of the weeks in the cohort.
- Your own technology. Laptops, phones, tablets encouraged.
- Course outline(s) for the course(s) you are redesigning/designing
- Program level VLOs that your courses are mapped to – especially important for new course design
- Perspectives, experiences, resources in course design
- A growth mindset
- Your own coffee or snacks
Questions? Want to sign up? Contact the LDSTeam at LDSTeam@flemingcollege.ca
Looking for resources? Check out our Course Design Toolkit.