Welcome to the New Faculty Experience for Full-time Faculty!
The New Faculty Experience is a program for new full-time faculty to build community, develop their teaching skills, and work towards their own professional learning goals. For more information, check out the New Faculty Experience Course Outline.
In late August or December (depending on your cohort), we’ll spend a week learning together and forming the foundation of our cohort.
Next Intensive Weeks:
Coming in August 2021
The Friday Cohort
Throughout the academic year, our cohort meets for two hours on Fridays. During these weekly sessions, faculty meet other teams and service areas in the college, support each other’s professional learning, and practice micro-teaching in a supportive and feedback-rich environment.
- Semester Start Schedule – Help to guide your prep for the semester
- Glossary of Acronyms (link to HR website)
- Dee Fink’s Self-Study Guide on Significant Course Design
- A Primer of Learning Outcomes and the SOLO Taxonomy
- An Introduction to Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Template – Assessing the Quality of Intended Learning Outcomes
- A Rubric for Rubrics