Welcome to the New Faculty Experience!
The New Faculty Experience is a program for new full-time faculty to build community, develop their teaching skills, and work towards their own professional learning goals. For more information, check out the New Faculty Experience Course Outline.
In late August, we’ll spend a week learning together and forming the foundation of our cohort. You’ll find all the resources for the week in this google folder.
Next NFE: August 19 – 23, 2019 Room A1 111
The Friday Cohort
Throughout the academic year, our cohort meets Fridays from 1 – 3 p.m. at the Sutherland and Frost campuses. During these afternoon times, faculty meet other teams and service areas in the college, support each other’s professional learning, and practice micro-teaching in a supportive and feedback-rich environment.
- Glossary of Acronyms (link to HR website)
- New Faculty and an Introduction to the Academic Schedule and Things you Should Know
- Dee Fink’s Self-Study Guide on Significant Course Design
- A Primer of Learning Outcomes and the SOLO Taxonomy
- An Introduction to Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Template – Assessing the Quality of Intended Learning Outcomes
- A Rubric for Rubrics