In this 2-hour, interactive session, you’ll learn some teaching tips for the first days and weeks of class. We’ll discuss how to:
- Set positive expectations for learning
- Promote engagement through classroom management
- Plan and deliver effective and engaging lessons
- Get started with D2L
Although this session is targeted to new faculty, all are welcome. No registration is required.
Sutherland: Thursday, January 2nd, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Room B2 101
Frost: Friday, January 3rd, 1:30 – 4:00 p.m. Room 104
- Lesson Planning Example: Our completed lesson plan for the Boot Camp, as an example for you. Clicking will download the Word document.
- Lesson Planning Template: An empty lesson plan template for you to work with. Clicking will download the Word document.
- Lesson Planning Template – simple: A simplified version of our long-form lesson plan template. Clicking will download the Word document.
- Boot Camp PowerPoint: A copy of the PowerPoint we used for the Boot Camps, for reference.
- Things you may want to say in your 1st class: some suggested topics for day one.
- Classroom Assessment Techniques: some ideas you can try in your classroom.
- Faculty D2L Level One: A simple get-to-know D2L training course. Register yourself on the main D2L page in the Help & Information widget on the right-hand side.