Help a MENTEE…what’s in it for ME? Mentorship is a two-way-street with participants learning and growing together. It sounds cliché but mentoring benefits the Mentor as much (or sometimes more) than the Mentee.
As a Fleming College Mentor you will not only experience the endless rewards of helping your peers you will:
- Meet and network with students from across program disciplines
- Develop leadership skills and confidence
- Enhance your resume and portfolio
- Develop your Co-Curricular Record through attending training sessions
- Be given the opportunity to plan, participate, and volunteer in on-campus activities. Volunteer opportunities may include:
- Being an ambassador for Fleming College Peer Mentoring at on-campus events and various initiatives.
- Creating written and visual materials for on-campus publications.
- Get creative by providing ideas and insights into Mentorship at Fleming College programming, events, and initiatives.
- Planning Peer Mentoring events and so much more…
But why take our word for it? Here are some testimonies from other Mentors!