Frost Campus Students & Employees,
Parking Services is pleased to provide this general update about changes coming to Parking at Fleming College for the 2015-2016 Academic Year. Further communications about each of the items listed below will also be sent out as required.
Parking Permit Fees
Our current permit rates are consistent with the averages for Colleges our size and across the College system in general. Therefore, we are pleased to announce that there will be NO INCREASE in parking fees for the 2015-2016 Academic Year.
1. Parking Management Software
– Process is underway to purchase this software
– Planned implementation for Fall Semester of 2015.
– This will improve customer service by providing the following online services:
a. Purchase of parking permits
b. Violation Notice appeals
c. Add/Drop to Waiting lists
d. Add/Drop vehicles from your permit
2. Pay & Display Machines
– Upgrades are underway that will streamline guest and event parking
– These upgrades will also allow better tracking of lot usage throughout the day
3. Motorcycle Parking
– Effective 01 August 2015, if you have an Economy, General or Premium parking permit you can park your motorcycle in lieu of your regular vehicle in a regular space in the lot where you normally park or you can park in the Motorcycle Parking Area in B Lot or E Lot. You must register your motorcycle as one of the vehicles attached to your parking permit.
– If you don’t have a parking permit you are required to purchase a Motorcycle Only Permit and must park your motorcycle in the Motorcycle Parking Area located in B Lot or E Lot.
4. Premium Parking Spaces
– Premium Parking Areas will now be available at the Frost Campus for the Fall Semester. These permits guarantee the permit holder of a space in the areas designated as Premium Parking.
– The process to sell these permits will be as follows:
o Those interested in purchasing a Premium Permit can add their name to the Premium Parking Lottery List at the Information Booth from 17 August to 02 September.
o A lottery will be held on 02 September at noon to determine who will received the permits.
o The permits will be available for the spaces in the following areas: i. Spaces located around the Wind Turbine
ii. Spaces inside the Heavy Equipment Compound
iii. Spaces in front of Resources Drilling & Blasting
iv. Spaces located in the small parking lot next at the end of the building by the SENRS Office.
5. Lighting Upgrades
– All lighting in the parking lots will be upgraded to LED by Fall 2015
– This will provide more energy efficient light that requires less maintenance
6. Parking Email Address
– An email address specific to parking was created last year and will be fully implemented this Fall
– All questions, concerns or special parking requests should be directed to email@example.com
– This email address is monitored by several Info Booth Staff at Frost & Sutherland which will allow response to your query in a reasonable time regardless of who is on vacation.
7. Service Vehicle Permits
– Will still be issued on an as needed basis (with approval from the appropriate manager). However these permits will have some additional guidelines:
a. Employees must have a valid permit for their personal vehicle prior to being approved for a Service Permit.
b. Service Permits will only allow a vehicle to be parked at loading/unloading spaces for 1 hour and will be strictly enforced. Signs will be posted in the appropriate spaces.
c. A fee of $100 per approved Service Vehicle Permit may be charged to the employee’s department.