Click on this link to download a PDF version of the full Smoking & Tobacco Use Policy
This policy applies to all employees, students and visitors to all campuses.
Smoking is prohibited:
a) Everywhere on College grounds other than Designated Smoking Areas.
b) Inside College buildings, including residences, sheds and storage containers.
c) Inside College-owned vehicles, including cargo areas.
d) Within 9 meters of a door, window or air intake.
Smokeless Tobacco Products are prohibited:
a) Inside College buildings, including residences, sheds and storage containers.
b) Inside College-owned vehicles, including cargo areas.
Designated Smoking Area Locations:
– Behind the Heavy Equipment Building
– Patio in front of the Drilling & Blasting Building
– Between the Loading Dock and Rec Center Parking Lot
– Between the 300 Wing (Learning Commons – Library etc) and the deck by room 230
– Across from the Auk’s Lodge main entrance – down the hill from the Wind Turbine
– Outside the North end entrance to the building
– Near Maple Lot – access through Level A2 Stairwell A
– Behind the B Wing – access through the door by the elevator near Lecture Theatre B3250
– Behind the Staff Lounge – access through the Level B2 Stairwell M (near Duplicating Services)
– Behind the D Wing (KTTC) – access through the lower cafeteria seating area or the Campus Link