College Policies and Procedures
Please visit the Policies & Procedures – Information Technology Services page for a complete listing of the ITS policies and procedures.
As required under Policy 6-600, IT Policy Framework, the CTO has published IT Standards that govern the use and protection of College data and computing resources. All Users of Fleming’s systems and information are responsible and accountable for following these Standards.
User Standards (US) – are mandatory and applicable to All Users:
- US-101 – Password and Passphrase Protection Standard
- US-102 – Encryption Requirements
- US-103 – Transmission and Sharing of Electronic Information
- US-107 – Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Technical Standards (TS) – are focused primarily for use by the ITS Department and any staff member, contractor or any IT professional with a technical role, such as a System Administrator, Application Administrator, etc. Some Technical Standards may contain sensitive information and will be provided to individuals on an as-needed or upon request basis. Staff can contact the ITS Service Desk to request a copy of an IT Technical Standard.
- TS-104 – Vulnerability Management
- TS-105 – Privileged Account Management
- TS-106 – PeopleSoft Development Standards
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA & PHIPA)
Please visit Access to Information & Protection of Privacy at Fleming College for policies and procedures related to FIPPA and PHIPA, to learn more about your rights and responsibilities under FIPPA as an employee of the College, and to make a formal FIPPA/PHIPA request.
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
For more information please visit the Accessibility for Ontarians Website.
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) came into effect on July 1st, 2014.
CASL Resources Documents
- OCAS Plan for CASL Compliance
- CASL Qs and As
- CASL Checklist for Colleges
- CASL Sample Consent Language
- CASL Primer April 2014
- CRTC CASL 2014
- Sample Electronic Communication Policy For College Staff