Fleming College believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are cornerstones of success for both students and staff. Our promise is an inclusive community where we can Learn, Belong, Become. Our actions demonstrate that we are committed to removing barriers and actively evolving a culture of respect, recognition, and accommodation, as well as a celebration of each other’s’ unique contributions to Fleming’s learning and working environment.
Sexual assault and sexual violence are unacceptable and will not be tolerated. We take seriously our commitment to support those who experience sexual violence, and we work diligently on campus and with community partners on programs, policies and resources to ensure that our campus remains free from sexual violence.
This website provides quick access to the information contained in the College’s Sexual Assault and Sexual Violence Policy and Procedure. The Policy and Procedure provides resources to support individuals and groups who may be directly or indirectly involved in working with persons who have experienced sexual violence.
How You Can Help:
- Don’t be a bystander: There’s always more than one option for a bystander. Take a stand safely and do something that you feel comfortable with.
- Stand up against sexual violence and sexism: When we ignore harmful jokes, we create an environment where demeaning words can turn into sexual violence.
- Be a part of creating a safer world: Consent matters. Only yes means yes.
Quick Links – Flowcharts:
- What to expect when reporting sexual assault
- What do to do if you witness sexual assault
- Fleming employees receiving a disclosure
If you need immediate assistance, please contact Campus Security at 705-749-5530 x8000.
If you need to access supports, please contact:
Fleming Counselling Services
- Sutherland, Haliburton and Cobourg campus – 705-749-5530 x1527
- Frost campus – 705-324-9144 ext. 3320
Kawartha Sexual Assault Centre – 1-866-298-7778