Sir Sandford Fleming College By-Laws
By-law 1 – By-law 1, for the general conduct of the affairs of Sir Sandford Fleming College, was unanimously approved by Fleming College’s Board of Governors on April 24th, 2019; the approval of this By-law represented a cornerstone to Fleming’s future renewal and a commitment to best practices in governance and board oversight.
By-Law 2 – By-law 2, Fleming College Council, was unanimously approved by Fleming College’s Board of Governors on January 22, 2020. Fleming College Council provides a means for the College community to provide advice to the President on matters of importance to both students and staff.
Board of Governors Operating Procedures
*Board procedures are presently under review
• BP-001 Delegations to the Board of Governors
• BP-002 Expenses Regarding Governor Travel
• BP-003 Internal Election of Board Members
• BP-006 College Services for Governors *under revision
• BP-007 College Liability Insurance
• BP-008 External Governor Appointment and Re-appointment Process*included in section 7.0 of By-Law 1
• BP-009 Consent Agenda
• BP-010 Governor Advocacy
• BP-013 President’s Performance Evaluation
• BP-014 Presidential Continuity and Succession