Student Experience Diversity & Inclusion Services is …
- a safe space for students to receive education, support and referrals on a wide range of diversity issues
- a service that promotes diversity and human rights, and organizes events in collaboration with other departments and community partners
- a source of CCR-eligible training programs like Positive Space . Our programs can also be offered in the classroom and for on-campus groups, such as student councils, Fleming employees, and third party employers on campus. See the Training tab for more details on the programs we offer.
Diversity & Inclusion Services also supports other groups not covered by the Ontario Human Rights Code, such as First Generation students who are the first in their families to pursue a post-secondary education.
Our programs help students make connections and learn from one another, so reach out and let’s celebrate our differences together!
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Council
Fleming College also has a Council that addresses barriers to equity and inclusion across the college. The Diversity & Inclusion Student Success Coordinator is an ex-officio member of the Council, attends all meetings, and provides support to Council initiatives. For more information about the Council, please visit: Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Council : Fleming College
Diversity is a broad range of human identities, including but not restricted to the protected grounds of the Ontario Human Rights Code:
- Ancestry Citizenship
- Creed (religion)
- Ethnic origin
- Family status
- Gender Identity/Expression
- Marital Status (married, single, widowed, divorced, separated or living in a conjugal relationship outside of marriage, whether in a same sex or opposite sex relationship)
- Place of Origin
- Receipt of public assistance (in housing only)
- Record of offences (in employment only)
- Sex (including sexual harassment, pregnancy and breastfeeding)
- Sexual orientation