Name Change Clinic

Name Change Clinic:  Your safety and wellbeing are our highest priority.

It is now possible to change your preferred name using Evolve Self-Service (My Self-Service > Campus Personal Information > Names).  A change of preferred name will trigger the creation of a Service Request. Twice a week ITS will review these Service Requests and update User ID, email address, and Active Directory information.  Once complete, this will update the data in their respective systems (D2L, OneCard, StarRez, ParkAdmin, MyCampus, WebEx, etc.).

While this process will update our most commonly used systems, it will not change your Fleming email or User ID everywhere it is used.  For additional instructions and information about where your name will be changed, please refer to the following link Name Changes | Office of the Registrar (  or navigate to Mycampus> Registrar’s Office> Student Forms. Staff can also make this change by following the same Self Service process as Current Students.

If you have additional questions or concerns about your preferred name, please contact the Registrar’s Office if you are a student and Human Resources for staff and faculty.  If you have technical issues, please contact the ITS Service Desk

If you are in the process of changing your legal identification, the Fleming Paralegal Program offers support with documentation (temporarily unavailable due to COVID & campus closures), and the Fleming Colleagues have created a bursary that is available to help with some of the cost. For more information, please contact or   

Trans ID Clinic Pilot Project

Important Information for potential clients:
  • Eligible participants will have the cost of their applications covered. Eligibility will be determined after a participant’s intake appointment and depends on the person’s income and household members, age (16+), and be within our catchment area. Potential participants are encouraged to call us so that we can try to work around their individual circumstances. Students can also apply for the Fleming Name Change Bursary to cover costs.
  • Intake appointments and form-filling support will be given by Chrys (they/them) and Alex (she/her), two third year law students who are volunteering with PCLC. The applications will then be commissioned by Lawyers from PCLC and will be submitted to Service Canada by PCLC staff.
  • The clinic will be virtual, and will do their absolute best to accommodate needs around lack of access to technology, funds, etc.
Contact: Alex McMichael (she/her) or Chrys Saget-Richard (they/them) 3L Law Student Volunteers at the Peterborough Community Legal Centre 705-749-9355