CLICK on the button below for more info!
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that can cause illnesses ranging from the common cold to more serious respiratory infections like bronchitis, pneumonia or severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). Coronaviruses are spread mainly from person to person through close contact, for example, in a household, workplace or health care centre.
Some human coronaviruses spread easily between people, while others do not.
Your risk of severe disease may be higher if you have a weakened immune system. This may be the case for:
- older people
- people with chronic disease (for example, diabetes, cancer, heart, renal or chronic lung disease)
COVID-19, is the illness caused by the Sars-Covid 2 virus. The first presumptive case of this infection in Ontario was identified on January 25, 2020.
Fleming Safe Health & Safety Guideline
Fleming College is committed to providing a safe and healthy work and learning environment for all staff, faculty and students. All academic planning decisions will be guided by the health and safety protocols set forth by Federal, Provincial and local public health authorities. Based on current guidelines, mitigating COVID-19 transmission on our campuses is best achieved by minimizing occupancy on our campuses and locations. To the end, the following should be considered:
- holding lecture classes online
- providing virtual options for student services
- encouraging staff and faculty to work remotely where possible
- implementing social distancing practices
- following sanitation guidelines provided by public health authorities for educational and public settings
- educating staff and students on social distancing, hand washing and hygiene etiquette
- working with local health authorities for guidance on COVID related exposure concerns
Updated information requires the continual review and revision of protocols to ensure adherence to guidance documents and /or local, provincial and federal public health advice, ministry directives and sector specific requirements.
In order to support safe work and learning practices, the College will work with all stakeholders, including our Joint Health and Safety Committees, to develop COVID related return to work protocols and training modules for employees and students.