COVID-19 Self-Serve Reporting and Case Management

This page provides you with information on how to use the self-service COVID-19 Reporting Form regarding COVID-19 related incidents. You will also find useful information regarding our reporting process, as well as, information on how Fleming College supports our local Public Health partners to address a variety of scenarios.

Report an illness or COVID-19 related incident (Employee or Student)

If you are experiencing an illness or COVID-19 related incident and would like additional support from our Occupational Health & Safety team, you may use the self-service COVID-19 Reporting Form. After submitting your form response you will receive an automated email with additional resources and contact information should you wish to speak with someone from our H&S team.

 COVID-19 Reporting Form

***NOTE – If a Student or Employee is on campus and begins to feel symptoms contact ext. 4444 immediately.

What happens if you are experiencing symptoms not related to COVID-19

If you are experiencing symptoms but are not sure if they are associated with COVID-19, the Ontario Self-Assessment will help confirm whether or not they are related. The self-assessment results will provide you with guidance for further direction and next steps.

Note – Symptoms that may be associated with COVID-19 include:

• Fever and/or chills; OR
• Cough; OR
• Shortness of breath; OR
• Decrease or loss of taste or smell; OR
Two or more of:
• runny nose/nasal congestion
• headache
• extreme fatigue
• sore throat
• muscle aches/joint pain
• gastrointestinal symptoms (i.e. vomiting or diarrhea)

If symptoms do not include any of the above, then you are less likely to have COVID-19 infection and are advised to self-isolate and delay your return to campus until symptoms are improving for at least 24 hours (or 48 hours if gastrointestinal symptoms).

Employee Reminder: When you are away ill you must inform your manager and follow the direction of the Absence Due to Illness procedures.

Student Reminder: For academic absences due to illness please follow-up with your faculty member/Chair.

What happens if a COVID-19 case is related to campus?

Fleming College continues to work with our partners in Public Health to use a layered approach with multiple public health measures, including extensive education and infection control measures, to reduce risk of COVID-19 transmission and to help keep our community safe.

Peterborough Public Health – Case and Contact Guidance

For more information or if you have COVID-19 related concerns contact your local Public Health Unit or visit Ontario’s self assessment website

To find out what to do to protect yourself and others please go to

Peterborough Public Health

Haliburton, Kawartha Pine Ridge District Health Unit

Ontario Self Assessment