Labour market information (LMI) can be an invaluable job search tool and allow you to make informed decisions about the focus of your job search and future career development. Being informed about your industry can answer such questions as:
- What skills employers are looking for?
- Where to find employers who are hiring?
- What types of jobs are going to be available in future?
- What working conditions are like for specific industries?
- What education and training is required for your industry?
- Which job areas are growing in the future?
Our local Labour Market Information Guide will help you to understand employment data and provide reliable data sources.
LMI is everywhere! Read online news about the community you are targeting for job search, check out your school’s page for links to industry-specific information or research some of the following great sources:
Government of Canada
Local Workforce Development Boards
Durham Workforce Authority
Kingston Economic Development Corporation
Workforce Development Board – Haliburton, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland, Peterborough
Eastern Workforce Innovation Board
Toronto Workforce Innovation Group