Labour market information (LMI) is an invaluable job search tool that will help you discover careers and career pathways and make informed decisions about the focus of your job search. Being informed about your industry can answer questions such as:
– What skills employers are looking for?
– Where to find employers who are hiring?
– What types of jobs are going to be available in future?
– What working conditions are like for specific industries?
– What education and training is required for your industry?
– What job areas are growing in the future?
Our local Labour Market Information Guide will tell you what information to look for and the most reliable sources to find accurate data.
LMI is everywhere! Read online news about the community you are targeting for job search, check out your ‘Follow Your Industry’ links to industry-specific information or research some of the following great sources:
Local Workforce Development Boards
Durham Workforce Authority
Kingston Economic Development Corporation
Workforce Development Board – Haliburton, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland, Peterborough
Eastern Workforce Innovation Board
Toronto Workforce Innovation Group