Social Insurance Number (SIN) collection

Why is Fleming College asking for my Social Insurance Number (SIN)?

Beginning in the 2019 tax year, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires all post-secondary institutions in Canada to collect Social Insurance Numbers (SINs) to be included on the T2202 (Tuition and Enrolment certificate) tax form.

Your T2202 is your education and textbook tax certificate and Fleming College issues this to you on the last day of February every year. Submitting a T2202 tax form without a SIN number may result in your tax return being rejected by the CRA.

Learn where you can enter your SIN or find out if you have previously submitted it, on your secure Student Center to receive your T2202 for the 2019 tax year.

Review our frequently asked questions (FAQs) for more information. You can also learn more about your tuition and education tax credits by visiting the CRA website.


Where can I enter my SIN in my Student Center?

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Service Canada

Canada Revenue Agency