Travel Outside of Canada

Students considering travel outside of Canada during their studies should ensure that they have  the required re-entry visas before leaving Canada. It is the travelers’ responsibility to ensure that they have the required visas to exit and enter a country.

Please keep in mind that if you intend to travel to other nations in North America, especially the United States, you may be required to apply for separate visas to enter those countries. A Canadian Study Permit does not allow travel to other countries.  If you have questions about applying for a US Visitor Visa please visit:

Please make sure you are fully prepared before embarking on any trips and that you have all the required government documentation to enter the country you’re visiting and to exit and re-enter Canada. If you have any questions about any of these issues, please feel free to contact International Student Services.