There are many ways to incorporate technology into your course to boost engagement:
- AnswerGarden – can be used for real-time audience participation, online brainstorming, and feedback.
- Flipgrid – Students can use 15-second to 5-minute videos to respond to prompts; teachers and peers can provide feedback.
- Kahoot – a game-based classroom response system, where teachers can create quizzes.
- Padlet – a blank canvas for students to create collaborative projects. Great for brainstorming.
- Poll Everywhere or Mentimeter – Teachers can create a feedback poll or ask questions.
- EdWordle – generates tag clouds from any entered text to help aggregate responses and facilitate discussion.
- Hypothes.is – allows students to annotate texts and take collaborative notes.
- Canva – can be used to create infographics, social media posts, video, presentations, worksheets and more.
- H5P (through eCampusOntario) – can be used to create content and questions that can be used in D2L.
To know more about any of the above or 75 more, read this article.
Please note that you will need to secure a license for many of these applications, so check in with us first if you need more information.
If you can’t find what you are looking for please reach out to us by email: LDSTeam@flemingcollege.ca