Suspicious Packages at Post-Secondary Institutions are rare and in most cases are intended to disrupt normal campus activities not cause harm. The College will respond to all reports of suspicious packages and will work with police to determine the appropriate course of action.
Signs of a Package Suspicious
- Unfamiliar return address or no return address
- Strange odour or noise
- Protruding wires
- Excessive postage
- Misspelled words
- Address to business title only (ex. President)
- Restrictive markings (ex. Do Not X-Ray)
- Badly written or typed
- Rigid or bulky letters
- Lopsided or uneven
- Excessive wrapping
- Oily stains, discolouration or crystallization
- Leaking fluids or powders
If you have received a Suspicious Package:
- Do not handle, shake or smell it.
- Leave it unopened where you find it.
- Get everyone out of the room and close the door.
- Call Campus Security – Extension 4444 to report it.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Wait for Campus Security to arrive.
Click on this link to go to the Government of Canada – Get Prepared website for additional information.