Security Services has partnered with a company called AppArmor to create and deliver a mobile safety app for students and employees called Fleming Safe.
What Does It Do?
- Provides campus specific emergency phone contacts.
- Contains information and contact links for Security related services.
- Places emergency procedures in your hand for Fire, First Aid, Violence Response etc.
- Has a running link to the Fleming College Twitter feed to keep you up to date about events.
- Gives you the ability to receive alerts and notifications about emergencies and weather related closures.
- Provides contact information and links to a variety of on and off campus support services related to safety.
- Makes available the ability to report a tip about an incident through an In-App email or through an anonymous voicemail.
- Includes a Friend Walk feature allowing a friend to monitor your walk home with an Emergency Button and your up to date location.
How Do I Get It?
- The Fleming Safe app is available through the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- Blackberry’s using an android operating system can download the app through Google Play.
- If your Blackberry is using an older operating system you may be able to update the system, please check with your service provider.