Over the years, Fleming has implemented an impressive array of work/life options to assist its employees in keeping a healthy balance between their work and their personal lives. Work/life balance options can help to keep stress under control and can also improve job satisfaction.
Time Management/Development Options
- Unpaid Leave of Absence (link to Holidays & Leaves webpage)
- Prepaid Leave (link to Holidays & Leaves webpage)
- Professional Development Leaves/Sabbaticals (link to Professional Development webpage)
- Reduced Workload – see link to specific Employee Group
Flexible Hours of Work Programs
Fleming offers three flexible hours of work programs for full-time Support Staff. These options are further outlined under Employee Groups – Support Staff.
The Fleming College “Wellness at Fleming” initiative is intended as a holistic wellness framework that integrates programs and services for personal well-being with Fleming college’s vision, mission and values. The Wellness at Fleming programs are developed and delivered in a collaborative manner involving stakeholders from across the College and from a variety of functional areas. All employees are encouraged to embrace and model personal lifestyle habits that reflect healthy eating, active living, and effective stress management. Check out all of the details and benefits on the Wellness at Fleming web page.
- Casual Fridays
- Challenging Work
- Culinary Student Food Sales
- Essentials Spa – Cobourg Campus
- On-Site Bookstores
- On-Site Food Services
- On-Site ATMs