This page contains information and links that are specific to Academic employees.
Click here for the Office of the Vice-President Academic website.
Compensation is one of the main elements of Total Rewards at Fleming College. Fleming offers competitive pay, generous vacations, overtime and pay for time not worked. Salaries for full-time and partial load faculty is in accordance with the collective agreement. Overtime and pay for time not worked also follows the collective agreement.
- Full-Time Professors, Counsellors and Librarians (2017-2020)
- Full-Time Instructors (2017-2020)
- Non-FT Academic Rate Schedule (effective October 1, 2019) – Updated (to access this document, you will be prompted to log-in, using your Fleming username & password)
- Non-FT Academic Rate Schedules-(effective Oct 1,2018) –
- Step Progression and Service Credits for Partial Load – New
- Request for Review of Initial Step Calculation – Updated
- Partial Load Service Report Form
- Full Time Seniority List– as of January 31, 2019
- Probationary Faculty – as of January 31, 2019
- Partial Load Service Credits– as of December 31, 2018
** Website version of the Seniority/Probationary/Partial Load Service Credits lists are considered to be the official list as they may reflect changes that occurred after the list went to print.
Standard Workload Form (SWF)
Faculty Resources is a repository of information to assist faculty (whether new or more seasoned).
Partial Load Employees –
As you may be aware, the new Academic Employees’ Collective Agreement contains revised seniority language for partial load faculty (see Article 26.10 – 26.10 E). According to this new language, if you are interested in being considered for a partial load contract in a given calendar year, you must register your interest with the College prior to October 30 on the preceding year.
To register for the Partial Load Registry for the calendar year (January – December), complete the following steps anytime between January 1 and October 30 in the preceding year:
> Login to Evolve and go to My Self Service > Payroll and Compensation > Register for Partial Load. For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, follow these steps.
Once you have registered, you have the ability to withdraw your registration by returning to the same page. Please complete your registration and/or withdrawal prior to October 30.
- The registry will close at midnight on October 30. You will not be eligible to register for the following calendar year after October 30.
- Registering for a partial load contract does not guarantee that you will receive a partial load contract. Registering shows you are interested in receiving a partial load contract. If the College decides to offer partial load contracts, you must also meet at least one of the qualifying criteria in Article 26.10 E to be considered for a partial load contract.
Contract Faculty Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Contract Faculty Terms and Conditions Chart – Condensed Version
- Contract Faculty Terms and Conditions Chart – Full Version
Faculty Evaluations (link to Performance Management for Academic Employees)
- Academic Readiness for Teaching
- Compensation for Mandatory Training
- Coordinators – Program and Subject_Discipline (Procedure HRF-001) Updated
- Coordinator Baseline Duties – Discipline/Subject Coordinator
- Coordinator Baseline Duties – Program Coordinator
- Coordinator Position Stipend Conversion Form
- Coordinator Two-Step Compensation Request Form
- Evaluation Factors for Team Taught Courses
- Faculty Travel Time & Travel Expense Reimbursement– HR Procedure
- Principles for Resolving Workload Issues
- Workload Monitoring Group (WMG) Referrals (Procedure HRF-002)
The Coordinators’ Toolkit is designed to help coordinators find the resources you need quickly and easily. To access this toolkit, please click here.
Work/Life Balance Strategies
- Reduced Workload – Procedure – Form – Transition to Retirement Form
- Leave of Absence Process
- Sabbatical Information
- Prepaid Leave
Modified Workload Agreements
- Learning Principles Core Competencies
- Guidelines for Professional Practice
- Memoranda of Understanding
- Ontario Colleges website
Labour Relation Links
Academic Newsletters (current & previous editions)
To access current & previous issues of the Academic Newsletter, please visit the Vice-President Academic website