Benefits

Benefit Booklets for active employees

Please click on one of the booklet links below to get all the detailed information you require about your Benefit Plan (in PDF format) such as:

  • eligibility requirements
  • hospital coverage
  • reimbursement amount for drugs, vision, orthopaedic shoes, paramedical services and hearing care
  • out of country coverage
  • details of covered dental procedures and reimbursement levels
  1. Administrative Benefit Booklet (Dated January 2015) – Updated
  2. Academic Benefit Booklet (Dated January 2015) – Updated
  3. Support Staff Benefit Booklet(Dated January 2015) – Updated 
  4. Partial Load Benefit Booklet (Dated January 2015) – Updated

Benefits at a Glance
Benefits at a Glance – Admin
Benefits at a Glance – Academic
Benefits at a Glance – Partial Load
Benefits at a Glance – Support

Please check back regularly for amendments and additions.

Partial Load Benefit Enrolment
Academic – Partial Load Positive Enrolment Form
Online Registration Form

Partial Load Critical Illness
Critical Illness Cover Letter
Critical Illness Brochure
Critical Illness Enrolment Form
Critical Illness Health Statement Application

Benefit information for Retirees

Benefits Costing Sheets

Travel Benefits

Return to Top

Sun Life

The Sun Life Website can be accessed at any time to:

  • view plan information
  • print personalized claim forms
  • access claim information
  • print drug card
  • request direct deposit of claim reimbursements
  • print travel card for emergency out of country medical

Site access is obtained by contacting Sun Life directly at 1-800-361-6212. Contract and Member Identification numbers must be provided in order for Sun Life to process an Access Identification Number. Information on Contract and Member Identification numbers is available below.

Group Policy/Contract Number Member ID/Certificate Number
Administrative 50833 3 + 0’s +Employee ID ***
Academic 50832 3 + 0’s +Employee ID ***
Support 50834 3 + 0’s +Employee ID ***

*** The number of “0’s” required for form your member ID/Certificate Number will be as many as are required to form an 11-digit number. For example: for Employee ID 1234 the Membership ID/Certificate Number would be 30000001234.

Making Benefit Claims

Expenses that have not been covered using a drug card (full-time employees) can be processed using an Extended Health Claim Form.

Dental claims can be processed using a Dental Claim Form. Personalized claim forms and information on claims is available on the Sun Life website (see above).

Coordinating Benefits with a Spouse – For families where both spouses have a family benefits package, benefits may be claimed under both plans to maximize the benefit.

Example: if one spouse ‘s plan covers 80% of a medical expense claim, some or all of the remaining 20% may be claimed under the other spouse’s plan.

 Guidelines:

  • Individuals must submit their personal expenses to their own plan first (a spouse would submit to their own plan, then claim the balance on the second plan).
  • When submitting a claim to a second plan, include a copy of the first plan’s benefit statement along with copies of any receipts and a claim form for the second plan.
  • Expenses for children must be first submitted to the plan of the parent with the earlier month and day of birth in the calendar year.

Benefit claims can be submitted on-line by setting up an account on the Sun Life website. Click here for details regarding Submitting Online Claims.

Sun Life Contact Information

Phone: 1-800-361-6212
e-mail: askus@sunlife.com
web: http://www.sunlife.ca/

Council Communiques

Return to Top