For plan specific details, please visit the applicable link below:
The Sun Life Website can be accessed at any time to:
- view plan information
- print personalized claim forms
- access claim information
- print drug card
- request direct deposit of claim reimbursements
- print travel card for emergency out of country medical
Site access is obtained by contacting Sun Life directly at 1-800-361-6212. Contract and Member Identification numbers must be provided in order for Sun Life to process an Access Identification Number. Information on Contract and Member Identification numbers is available below.
|Group||Policy/Contract Number||Member ID/Certificate Number*|
|Administrative||050833||3 + 0s + Employee ID|
|Academic||050832||3 + 0s + Employee ID|
|Support||050834||3 + 0s + Employee ID|
|Retiree||022182||3 + 0s + Employee ID|
* The number of “0s” required to form your Member ID/Certificate Number will be as many as are required to form an 11-digit number. Example: an employee whose Employee ID is 1234 Membership ID/Certificate Number would be 30000001234.
Making Benefit Claims
Expenses that have not been covered using a drug card (full-time employees) can be processed using an Extended Health Claim Form.
Dental claims can be processed using a Dental Claim Form. Personalized claim forms and information on claims is available on the Sun Life website (see above).
Coordinating Benefits with a Spouse – For families where both spouses have a family benefits package, benefits may be claimed under both plans to maximize the benefit.
Example: if one spouse ‘s plan covers 80% of a medical expense claim, some or all of the remaining 20% may be claimed under the other spouse’s plan.
- Individuals must submit their personal expenses to their own plan first (a spouse would submit to their own plan, then claim the balance on the second plan).
- When submitting a claim to a second plan, include a copy of the first plan’s benefit statement along with copies of any receipts and a claim form for the second plan.
- Expenses for children must be first submitted to the plan of the parent with the earlier month and day of birth in the calendar year.
Sun Life Contact Information
- Update to Vision and Hearing Care
- Coverage for Overage Student Dependents
- Delisted Service Providers (Group Insurance)
- Changes to Claims for CPAP Machines – Effective January 1, 2021
- Continuous Glucose Monitors (CGM) Supplies Coverage
- Prior Authorization Communique
- Prior Authorization Brochure
- Over the Counter Drugs