Fleming recognizes employee excellence through the annual Fleming Awards program. There are multiple awards available to honour employees who demonstrate excellence in their work.
For 2019, we are pleased to announce the introduction of a new award category – the Colleague Award! This new award will recognize a Fleming employee who, amongst other qualities, makes the workplace better for other employees and champions Fleming to all industry stakeholders and prospective students.
Fleming Award Categories
Please select any category below for details regarding the selection criteria for any of these awards.
The Colleague Award (NEW!)
The Charles E. Pascal Award for Excellence in Teaching
The Vice-President Academic’s Contract Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching
The President’s Recognition Award for Support Staff
The President’s Part-Time Support Staff Recognition Award
The Leadership Award
The Teamwork Award
Plaques displaying the names of all corporate award recipients are displayed at all campus locations. For current and past winners of each award, refer to the links on the Award Recipients webpage.
When are nominations accepted?
Nominations for the 2019 Fleming awards will be open shortly.
Who can nominate?
Eligibility varies between the different awards. Please check the specific nomination forms on the Fleming Portal for details.
How do I write a compelling nomination?
In order for your nomination to stand out against the many others we receive, you must explain and include evidence and clear examples of what makes your nominee so exceptional.
Don’t just say your nominee is outstanding – prove it!
- It’s important to use specific and concrete examples to illustrate how your nominee meets each of the eligibility and award criteria. Provide examples of how your nominee has demonstrated outstanding character and is a deserving candidate for the award. Feel free to share personal examples of the impact your nominee has had on you and/or others, as examples really help the evaluation committee relate to your nomination.
- A compelling nomination should also describe as vividly and precisely as possible the difference your nominee’s contribution has made and show why it has been important.
- In order for a nomination to be selected, you need to demonstrate that the individual was not simply doing their job. Instead, you should describe what is outstanding about your nominee’s achievements and show memorably and persuasively how and where they have made a difference.
- Feel free to send additional pertinent information (letters, etc.) to support your nomination. If you are including additional signatures of support, please have each individual indicate that they have are in support of the nomination. Additional information should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Helpful Nomination Terminology
- The attached document may help you find the words to describe your nominee.