Applying for a promotion or a lateral move? Here are 5 tips for success.
- Preparation is key – customize your resume based on the position you’re applying for to emphasize relevant skills and experience.
- Be concise: aim for two pages plus a cover letter.
- Focus on what you can bring to the new role, including experience carried from your current one.
- Tell your manager about your intentions. That includes your temporary or home manager.
- If you doubt your qualifications – don’t. Apply!
Take care of your mind and get outside!
Spring is in the air – how refreshing! With another stay-at-home order recently implemented, we all know how difficult it can be sometimes to see past the four walls of our homes. One of the best ways to stay productive is to ensure your mind gets a break regularly throughout the day, so why not take advantage of the longer days and better weather by incorporating daily routines such as walking, running, or even outdoor meditating. Check out the CDC’s site to find other ways to cope with stress as we continue to live through the pandemic.
Wow! The response to the Spotlight Awards was phenomenal! Thank you to all who submitted a nomination. While we wait for further information on the Spotlight Awards event in the coming weeks, it is still important to continue recognizing each other for the great work we all do. The George Washington University suggests using the tactics below to make your day-to-day recognition that much more meaningful:
- Be Personal – thank the person by name.
- Be Specific – be specific about what action you are thankful for.
- Why? – Explain how the behavior helped you or made you feel.
CAAT Retirement Planning Session
Did you miss the CAAT retirement planning session? Fear not! There is one more session available on May 18, so make sure to register today! The session is applicable to all members in DBprime and DBplus and will cover topics including:
- How much money do I need for retirement?
- How much pension will I get?
- Is my pension secure?
- What do I have to do to start my retirement?